Consumers Gas Company

Serving Southern Illinois

Bone Gap
New Haven
New Shawneetown
West Salem

Natural Gas Services

To Apply for Gas Service

If you are not already a Consumers Gas Company customer, to request service stop in at your local Consumers Gas Company office located in Carmi or Albion, IL. Each month your bill will include a facility charge for each meter on your account, regardless of gas usage. When applying for service you will need a picture ID or Driver’s license. If renting you will also need a current rent receipt.

To Transfer Your Service

If you plan to relocate and need to transfer your natural gas service, stop in at your local Consumers Gas Company business office, with a picture ID or Driver’s license, and a current rent receipt if renting. We want to help make your move run smoothly.

Reconnection of Service

If you are disconnected, your service will be restored when you pay in full or take care of the problem that caused disconnection.


To Discontinue Service

If you wish to have your gas service turned off, please let us know promptly. We need to read the meter in order to close your account and bill you properly. Please help us by providing easy access to your meter. Stop in at your local Consumers Gas Company business office to sign a request for disconnect and a final billing address.

Disconnection of Service

Consumers Gas Company has the right to discontinue service to a customer for the following reasons. Non-payment of account, non-payment of deposit, failure to provide access to meter, unsafe operating conditions, usage without customer of record on file, theft of service or tampering, non-compliance with an order from the Commission, request of the Civil government and for maintenance of the natural gas system.